Our community has been through a lot in the last couple of years, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same at our office: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits in the past. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We realize the changes will cause some inconvenience for you. My staff and I would like to apologize for any of those inconveniences in advance. I do take the responsibilities of protecting our patients and staff very seriously. These changes are designed to help mitigate the spread of virus. Some of the changes include:
- We ask that you submit the COVID-19 Patient Screen Form, created by the CDA, about 48 hours before your pre-scheduled appointment. Dr. Lin created the HIPAA compliant online version of the form which we will retain electronically and it will be added to your existing electronic patient records at our office. We provide the online form and ask that you complete it electronically to avoid the need for paper forms and signing the form with a physical pen. This helps minimize possible exposure. You can easily sign on any mobile device, laptop, and desktop computer.
- We ask that you come to our office alone. If you need to be accompanied by someone, please limit this to one person.
- Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
- You will be asked to gargle with hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds, while washing your hands when you first enter our treatment room.
- You are encouraged to bring your own headsets, earbuds, or AirPods to listen to music during the procedure as we will not be able to offer headsets during this time.
- You are encouraged to bring your glasses, sunglasses, or protective goggles. This would prevent droplets and aerosols from getting into your eyes (more importantly, prevent you from rubbing your eyes when something gets in your eyes). If you forget, we will offer a pair of goggles.
- We have a HEPA filter air purifier with UV-C sanitizer in each treatment room as well as the reception area.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. This is a measure we must take to ensure everyone’s safety. We appreciate your patience and understanding.